If you're looking for a good Earth Day craft or doing a unit on space, here's a great craft idea. It's a shaving cream, puffy paint Earth.
- shaving cream
- shallow tray
- blue and green paint
- craft stick
- card stock
- black sheet of construction paper
- Cut a large circle from white card stock.
- Fill a shallow tray with shaving cream.
- Dribble blue and green paint on top of the shaving cream.
- Use a craft stick to gently mix the colors on top(not too much).
- Press the white circle on top of the cream and gently press down.
- Peal off the circle to reveal the Earth.
- Place Earth on a table and use a craft stick or squeegee to wipe off the excess cream and paint. This is an important step as if you don't, the the paint will be too thick and become a flaky mess when dry.
- Allow Earth to dry, then glue on a sheet of black paper to look like the Earth in space.
- Add a special Earth Day title or message if desired.
You could use the same idea and mix different colors for other planets like Mars or Jupiter. You could even make a whole Solar System for your class.