Here is another toilet paper roll pinwheel toy craft from a Japanese website. The cardboard has a perfect curved shape to make a pinwheel. Visit the site below for a full picture tutorial, sorry in Japanese.
- toilet paper tube
- bendable rinking straw
- small piece of Styrofoam
- Cut the toilet paper tube in half lengthwise.
- Cut each piece in half again along the natural at a slight angle. Each blade should be 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch wide.
- Glue your blades together and poke a hole in the center with a pushpin.
- Decorate the blades however you like.
- Bend the top of a drinking straw and push a toothpick into the short end and pierce the back of the curved part. This will be the axle.
- Stick the pinwheel on the front of the toothpick.
- Add a tiny piece of Styrofoam in front of the pinwheel to keep it in place.
- Cut a 1/2 inch piece of straw. Make 2 holes through the middle with a pushpin and stick onto the back of the toothpick to keep it in place.