This is my new improved version on the Paper Plate stegosaurus dinosaur craft. The latest innovation is using toilet paper rolls for the legs so it stands up on it's own. Give it a try.
- paper plate
- toilet paper roll
- red paper
- green paint, paintbrush
- felt pen
- Cut the paper plate an toilet paper roll in half.
- From one half of the paper plate, trace and cut out the stegosaurus' head and tail piece. Use the natural curve of the plate for the tail.
- Paint all the pieces green except for the tail spikes and allow to dry.
- Tape the head and tail pieces on the back of the paper plate.
- Cut some triangles from red paper and tape to the back for the dorsal plates.
- Cut two slits about halfway down the toilet rolls so they line up and insert the plate.
- Draw details on the face and toes or cut out toes and glue on.
- Your stegosaurus stands up.
Be on the look-out for more dinosaurs coming soon.