Here's an authentic looking igloo craft from a paper bowl and decorated with puffy paint and packing peanuts. This is a great craft for a winter unit or learning about Native Americans.
- large paper or Styrofoam bowl
- toilet paper roll
- old cereal box
- puffy paint(white glue x shaving cream)
- packing peanuts
- Cut out the back of a cereal box to serve as the base.
- Cut the toilet roll in half lengthwise to make the arch like opening of the igloo.
- Cut a hole on the side of the paper bowl, insert the toilet roll and tape in place.
- Make puffy paint by mixing equal parts white glue and shaving cream in a bowl.
- Spread puffy paint all over the cereal box base.
- Set the paper bowl igloo on the base.
- Spread puffy paint all over the outside of the igloo.
- Attach packing peanuts all over the outside of the igloo.
- If desired, place an Eskimo or arctic animal to in your diorama and allow to dry.