You can make the stars come out in your very own room with this planetarium star craft from a couple of paper bowls and a flashlight. You have 2 options for bowls. Styrofoam bowls are much easier to poke holes in and cut, but they are more translucent and more difficult to color. Paper bowls are the opposite. The craft pictured with my daughter used Styrofoam bowls that I didn't color. It was OK, but too much light shown through. It was kind of a neat lantern effect though. Next time, I'll use paper bowls and color them.
- 2 paper or Styrofoam bowls
- dark color paint or crayons(dark blue is good)
- Exacto knife
- Color the bottom of 2 paper bowls dark blue.
- Take toothpicks and poke holes all over the bottom of both bowls.
- Cut a hole in the bottom of one bowl big enough to fit over the head of the flashlight.
- Tape the bowls together.
- Turn off the lights, put the flashlight inside, turn it on and watch the stars on the ceiling.