This is a simple and easy lantern decoration you can make for your next party.
- 2 tall clear plastic cups
- mylar tape, hologram tape, or other reflective tape
- push pin or other sharp implement
- colored electrical tape
- Use a push pin or other sharp implement to poke a hole in the bottom of two plastic drink cups.
- Thread a piece of long string through the hole in one cup. Make a knot on the inside so it doesn't come out. This is the top of the lantern to hang up.
- Thread a short piece of string through the hole in the other cup, tie a knot and tape a piece of mylar tape to the end that hangs down. This is the bottom of the lantern.
- Cut a long piece of mylar or reflective tape, enough to fill both cups.
- Tape the two cups together with electrical tape or other colorful tape, with the mylar inside.
- Decorate the outside with markers.
- Hang up your festival lanterns.