This is a fabulous looking pot of gold with a hand print rainbow.
- sheet of white paper
- sheet of green construction paper
- black construction paper
- white crayon, paint pen or white out pen
- paint in the colors of the rainbow, dishes, brushes
- gold foil chocolate coins
- Beforehand, trace and cut out a simple pot shape from black construction paper.
- Write "Happy St. Patrick's Day" with a white pen.
- With brushes, paint child's fingers and palm with each color of the rainbow in order. There are 6 simple colors to a rainbow, but only 5 fingers, so you can make the last one dark blue or purple. Or you could put just a little blue between the last 2 fingers.
- Press their hand onto white paper near the corner.
- Glue on foil coins from chocolates under the rainbow.
- Glue on the pot under and slightly covering the coins. Allow to dry.
- For a frame, glue the paper on a sheet of green construction paper.