Here's a really fun way to make your own doughnut (donut) shop using only origami paper and tissue. Make a bunch of colorful doughnuts and play bakery. Kids will have loads of fun baking, buying, and selling the doughnuts. Standard origami paper size is approx. 6 inch(15 cm) square. For the doughnuts you need half a sheet, so one origami paper can make 2 doughnuts.
- 1/2 an origami sheet, approx. 6x3 inches (15x7 cm)
- washed and cleaned milk carton (tongs)
- Cut a sheet of origami paper in half to make a 6x3 inch rectangle.
- Twist a tissue into a thin rope. Cut a little less than 6 inches long.
- Glue the tissue rope onto the middle of the rectangle lengthwise. Leave a little space at both ends. The tissue will give shape to the doughnut ring.
- Glue the ends together to make a 3 inch tall cylinder with the tissue rope in the middle.
- Wrap the top and bottom parts of the cylinder around the tissue center to make the doughnut.
- Cut tiny pieces of paper and glue on for sprinkles.
- Wash and cut open a milk carton. Cut a rectangle from the milk carton about 7.5 inches long and 1 inch wide.
- Fold in half lengthwise and glue the printed side shut to make a white rectangle 1/2 an inch wide.
- Fold in half and fold down the ends to make the tongs.
- Wrap and glue a strip of origami paper about 1.5 inches long on both sides to make the handle.
Post a Comment