Here's another version of the plastic bottle air cannon craft from Japan. This one goes an extra step and adds incense sticks to make smoke so you can blow smoke rings with your bottle. Visit the site below for an excellet, and simple picture tutorial.
- 500 ml, 17 oz. plastic drink bottle
- duct tape or carpet tape
- an exacto knife or box cutter
- a balloon
- incense sticks
- Make a starter slit in the plastic bottle about an inch from the bottom.
- Now use scissors to cut the bottom off the bottle. Be careful there are no jagged edges.
- On the side o the bottle, cut or burn a slit opening about 1.5 inches long.
- Cut the balloon about 1 to 2 inches from the opening.
- Stretch the balloon to completely cover the bottom of the bottle. This is the diaphragm of the air cannon.
- Use duct tape to secure the balloon to the bottle.
- Use a strip of duct tape and attach a few short incense sticks as shown in the picture on the website.
- Lite the incense stick and insert into the slit to fill the bottle with smoke.
- Place your finger over the slit. Pull back on the end of the balloon and let go to fire the air cannon and make smoke rings.
Portable Air Cannon