This is my version of the paper plate Stegosaurus dinosaur craft. I hand drew a template for the head, tail and legs. Each set of legs was a kind of "T" shape with little dinosaur feet. Then fold in half. You can easily draw your own.
- paper plate
- paint and brushes
- light blue and orange construction paper.
- eye sticker
- Cut a paper plate in half. Each half makes one dinosaur.
- Paint the paper plate halves blue and allow to dry.
- Trace your head, neck, and legs on light blue construction paper and cut out. Each child needs 2 sets of legs.
- Cut little triangles from orange paper for the back plates.
- Glue the head, tail, and back plates on the back side of the paper plate. Add an eye.
- Cut 2 slits halfway up on your paper plate. Fold your legs in half lengthwise so they stand up. Insert the legs into the slits and stand up your stegosaurus.
- If desired, add a little tape to secure the legs in back so they don't fall out. Also, if you want to get fancy, glue 2 paper plates together and 2 eyes for a double sided dinosaur.
Post a Comment